- IMPERIAL STAR
- JERSEY KNIGHT – Bundled roots. All-male hybrid with bigger spears. Does not make seed, so doesn’t become weedy. Best selection for dense clay soils. Very productive and disease-resistant. Zone 2.
- PURPLE PASSION – Bundled roots. Beautiful deep burgundy-colored spears with high sugar content, tender, less stringy, great raw in salads. Zone 2
BROCCOLI and other broccoli-like vegetables
- AMADEUS HYBRID
- ASPABROC – 50-60 days, OP. A gourmet variety with exceptional flavor and texture, from top to bottom, Aspabroc is the original Broccolini, developed more than 20 years ago, a cross of Italian Sprouting broccoli and Chinese Kale (Gai Lan), a leafy, thick-stemmed type with fabulous flavor. The asparagus look and texture of its slender, succulent stems, and peppery-sweet bite of its broccoli flavor inspired the name. Very high-yielding; the key to harvesting Aspabroc is to cut the tiny central head as soon as it’s formed, to promote great side-shoot production for many weeks to come. Asprabroc will thrive in spring or fall, but isn’t as frost-tolerant as heading broccoli. Protect with Row Cover cloth in freezing temperatures. Plants reach 20-24” and should be spaced about 8-10” apart. Great in containers too!
- FIESTA HYBRID – 86 days, hybrid. Compact plants, tight domed heads, big side-shoots, stands hot, cold.
- NUTRIBUD – 58 days, open pollinated. Nutritious, large heads, many side-shoots, delicious mild flavor, very early.
- SPIGARIELLO DI LISCIA (Leaf Broccoli) – 65 days, open pollinated, heirloom. Instead of heads this Italian heirloom produces sweet, broccoli-flavored leaves and tops over a long season. The more you cut, the more you get! Pick as needed for soups, stews, pasta, ravioli-stuffing, stir-fries and salads. A gourmet treat used in the traditional Italian soup ‘Minestra’, hence the name.
Cabbage is a low calorie food, an excellent source of vitamin C, and contains significant amounts of glutamine, an amino acid with anti-inflammatory properties. Cabbage is an annual cool-season crop, hardy to frost and light freezes. Plant in rows 2 1/2 feet apart, with 12-16 inches between plants.
- ALL SEASONS – 65 to 90 days, Heirloom, Open-pollinated. Also known as ‘Vandergaw’, this 1886 American heirloom cabbage is very reliable, heat resistant, fine-flavored and produces light green, symmetrical, hard heads 10-12” in diameter, weighing ~12lb., round but flattened on top. A superior all-purpose variety useful for early, intermediate and late season harvests. Great for salads, sauerkraut. Also resistant to ‘yellows’.
- BLUES CHINESE CABBAGE
- RED ACRE – Open pollinated. Solid, round red-purple heads weighing 2-4 lbs. Compact, sure-heading, stores well. Good size for raised beds, small gardens.
- EARLY SNOWBALL’ – 55 days, heirloom, OP. Heads are about 5-6” across (3-5 lb.) and quite erect; smooth tops are pure white and mature uniformly. Plants are medium sized with good foliage cover, and foliage is tasty, too. Cauliflower is a heavy feeder, so transplant into rich, well composted soil and side dress w/ organic fertilizer when buds begin to form.
- ARMENIAN – 65 days, heirloom. 12-18″ crisp, juicy, sweet, burpless, tolerates dry, hot
- BUSH CHAMPION – Open pollinated. Tasty, crisp, bright green 11″ slicing cukes on very compact prolific plant, even in pots
- COOL CUSTOMER
- DIVA MARKETMORE 76.70 days, Open pollinated. Highly reliable, long-bearing, very sweet fresh slicing cuke, a home-garden favorite.
- NATIONAL PICKLING
- SILVER SLICER – Open pollinated, 54 days. A great slicer with excellent flavor and lovely creamy white, thin, smooth skin. Fruits are 2” wide, 5-6” long, similar to Boothby Blonde with a longer, narrower shape and better flavor. Bred by Cornell University for resistance to powdery mildew. Superb juicy, sweet and mild flavor and good crunch.
- TASTY JADE HYBRID
- BEATRICE: 62 days, F-1 Hybrid. This splendid, early-maturing eggplant offers high yields of plump, bright violet, Italian-type fruits similar in shape, delicious flavor and texture to Rosa Bianca, differing in earlier maturity, darker fruit color, and just slightly smaller (4-6″ long by 4-5″ diameter).
- GALINE – 72 days, F-1 Hybrid. Early, dependable Italian-style eggplant, mild, creamy-fleshed fruits averaging 1 lb., with glossy black skin.
- NAGASAKI LONG – 75 days, Heirloom. An heirloom eggplant from Nagasaki, Japan valued for its extra-long fruit with purple-black skin and exceptionally velvety, slightly nutty-tasting, never-bitter flesh, mild and sweet enough to eat raw. The plants are very heat-tolerant and productive.
- ORIENT EXPRESS – 58 days, F-1 Hybrid. A very dependable, very early, and very adaptable eggplant, with tender, mild-flavored, never bitter, quick-cooking flesh. High-yielding plants produce armloads of attractive, slender, and glossy fruits 8-10″ long by 1½ to 2 ½” diameter. Ready up to 2 weeks before other early varieties and sets fruit in cool weather and under heat stress. Does well in containers.
- PINGTUNG LONG. 58 days, F-1 hybrid. A prolific Long Chinese eggplant named for a town in Taiwan that produces 11″ long glossy purple fruit with sweet, bitter-free flesh. Starts producing early for a good overall yield and can bear as many as 20 fruits each. The erect plants are stress-tolerant, very sturdy, vigorous and resistant to bacterial wilt, and. Great for cooks who prefer to work with uniform slices. Its light purple color is especially attractive if harvested before full maturity. As it approaches its full 11″, its skin darkens but retains a pleasing sheen.
- PINGTUNG LONG OP – 65-75 days, Heirloom. A wonderful eggplant from Ping Tung, Taiwan. Glossy cylindrical fruits are shiny bright, light purple, up to 12” long x 2” diameter, with tender, sweet, non-bitter flesh. Produces very well, even in very hot weather. Hardy, vigorous, and disease-resistant plants.
- PROSPEROSA: 65 days, OP. This Tuscan heirloom bears gorgeous, deep purple fruit with a pleated top that shows just a touch of cream color peeking out from the black calyx. The baseball-sized (4–5”) round fruits are meaty, mild flavored and delicious, with a wonderful texture. The tall plants are vigorous and beautiful.
- ROSA BIANCA – 80-85 days, Heirloom OP. A lovely Sicilian variety with rosy-pink fruit streaked with white and violet. Plump, rounded 5-6” fruits have mild, creamy flavor, no bitterness and few seeds. Perfect for slicing, baking, roasting. Good yields.
- WILD ARUGULA
- BULL’S BLOOD BEET GREENS
- MACHE (FALL ONLY)
- MINER’S LETTUCE (FALL ONLY)
- MUSTARD ‘LADY MURASAKI’
- PAC CHOI
- PERENNIAL SPINACH (HABLITZIA)
- ROUGE D’HIVER
- LITTLE GEM
LETTUCE, BUTTERHEAD / BIB:
- MARVEL OF FOUR SEASONS
- SPECKLED AMISH
- TOM THUMB
- GREEN SALAD BOWL
- LOLLA ROSSA
- RED SAILS
- RED SALAD BOWL
- STARFIGHTER MTO
- BLUE SOLAISE
- KING RICHARD
- HEARTS OF GOLD
- MINNESOTA MIDGET
- NOIRE DE CARMES
- COPRA –(Yellow, storage) plants, 104 days, ~30 per half-bundle or ~60 per bundle
- REDWING – (red, storage) plants, 115 days, ~30 per half-bundle or ~60 per bundle
- WALLA WALLA – (yellow, sweet) plants, ~30 per half-bundle or ~60 per bundle
- SPECIALTY VARIETIES – in pots (Ailsa Craig, Red Marble, Cippolini, and more)
- HARVEST MOON: Organic (Purple Skin, Yellow Flesh) Description Coming.
- MOUNTAIN ROSE Organic Red inside and out! Bred in & for Colorado. Excellent as potato chips, French fries, oven fries, and also great for baking, mashing, and Fourth of July potato salads. High in antioxidants! Early to Mid-season
- NORLAND DARK RED
- PURPLE MAJESTY Organic Uniform, high-yield, deep purple skin and flesh, very high in anthocyanins (high-potency antioxidant) Bred in & for Colorado
- RED THUMB (fingerling) Description coming
- YELLOW FINN
- WINTER LUXURY
- CREME BRULEE HYBRID
- ED’S RED
- GIANT NOBEL
- LONG-STANDING BLOOMSDALE
- SAVOYED HYBRID
- WINTER BLOOMSDALE (FALL ONLY)
- BLACK BEAUTY ZUCCHINI
- COSTATA ROMANESCA ZUCCHINI – 55 days, heirloom, ranked best-tasting zucchini, vigorous, large
- RAVEN HYBRID ZUCCHINI
- RHEINAU GOLD ZUCCHINI
- STRIATA D’ITALIA ZUCCHINI
- TONDA NIZZA
- YELLOW BUSH SCALLOP
- YELLOW CROOKNECK
- BRIGHT LIGHTS
- FORDHOOK GIANT
- PERPETUAL SPINACH
- RED RHUBARB
- AUNT MOLLY’S GROUND CHERRY- 65 days. Polish heirloom variety has unusually fine flavor, very sweet with a nice hint of tartness. 1/2”- 3/4” fruit is enclosed in a papery husk which drops to the ground when fully ripe. High pectin content makes this one choice for pies and preserves.
- BLACKTAIL MOUNTAIN
- EARLY MOONBEAM
- GOLDEN MIDGET
- SWEET DAKOTA ROSE
- ACORN – HONEY BEAR HYB, THELMA SANDERS – heirloom, Very productive, beautiful small creamy-white acorn-type with great flavor. From Seed-Saver’s Exchange.
- BUTTERCUP – UNCLE DAVID’S DAKOTA DESSERT – 95 day OP, Buttercup type, selected over 40 years by Pennsylvania family for color, taste, sweetness, vigor, thick flesh, small seed cavity, high productivity and cold-hardiness. Gets raves!
- BUTTERNUT – BUTTERBABY HYB
- DELICATA – HONEY BOAT – 90 days, Open Pollinated, (C. pepo).One of the sweetest squash varieties in existence. Oblong, 1 to 1.5 lb. fruits have Delicata’s green stripes, but with copper-tan skin instead of yellow. The golden-orange flesh has exceptional sweet, nutty flavor and smooth texture, produces early and holds its sweetness in winter storage. Ideal 2-person side dish. Needs no embellishment, but can be stuffed. Enjoyed even by some who profess to hate winter squash. High in calcium, potassium, folate, and vitamins A and C. Developed by Dr. James Baggett, Oregon State U, vegetable breeder par excellence.
- HUBBARD – GOLDEN HUBBARD
- KABOCHA – RED KURI
- KABOCHA – SUNSHINE HYBRID
- SWEET DUMPLING