These are the composts we carry during the season, although we don’t always have them all in stock at the same time:
- A1 Eco-Gro: We nearly always have this compost in stock. A1 Eco-Gro is a Class I compost made from leaves, grass, chipped branches, and beer wastes. It has a healthy population of microorganisms and has diverse nutrients. It is very stable and will not burn or steal nitrogen. It is fine textured, low in salts with some woody particles. The pH is 8.3; the NPK 1-1-1.
- Dairy Cow Manure Compost: Nutrient -rich compost made from manure of dairy cows – NOT fed hormones and only given antibiotics when sick. (no rBGH given)
- EKO Compost: Made locally from forest and recycled wood products composted with egg farm poultry manure. Use in vegetable and flower gardens, lawns, trees, shrubs. Improves soil’s physical, chemical, and biological health.
- EKO Lawn Topdressing: a fine grade of local Eko Compost, ideal to topdress lawns following aeration and fertilzer; gets food and water holding capacity to roots; great to apply to perennials, too.
- Mushroom Compost: from a local organic mushroom farm. Premium food for soil life and wonderful in vegetable gardens, helps to loosen heavy soils and improve aeration and porosity. Dark, rich humus that feeds soil life, improves soil structure & aeration, saves water. Great soil amendment for veggies, perennials, roses & shrubs. Also a superb mulch for roses.
- Walden’s Outdoor Garden Mix: for amending garden soils to increase porosity, organic matter, water holding capacity, and nutrition. Mix 10-25% with soils. Contains: 8 qt aged beetle-kill woodchips, OMRI cow manure compost and biochar. In addition to its use as a soil amendment, Walden recommends using this 50/50 with Walden’s Potting Mix for filling large containers and raised beds. We would also suggest adding Harlequin’s Fertility Mix. Mix 50/50 with Walden’s Potting Mix for large containers and raised beds plus add Harlequin’s Fertility Mix.