Your landscape is not just something to look at. It is an opportunity to support your values by:
- Supporting global, local, and personal health
- Helping to reduce the impacts of the Climate Crisis
- Nourishing your family with organic, nutrient-dense food
- Partnering with Nature
- Expressing your artistic vision while increasing biodiversity
- Experiencing the joy of sharing your goodness with the goodness of the natural world
- Restoring habitat for our critically important beneficial insects, pollinators, birds, wildlife, and native plants
At Harlequin’s Gardens, you won’t have to wonder whether the plants you buy to support pollinators, beneficial insects and wildlife have hidden toxins on or in them. ALL the plants we grow are grown organically, without any harmful chemicals. And ALL the plants we bring in from other growers are either organically grown or free of toxic systemic pesticides like neonicotinoids, which are heavily implicated in the drastic decline in bee colony health, and which affect life-forms from insects and birds to soil microbes and human gut microbes.
We offer the largest selection of locally and regionally native plants in Colorado, and an enormous selection of healthy, highly successful plants, soils, and garden products to make a beautiful and thriving garden community.
Here are links to our many resources for choosing plants that attract and support pollinators and wildlife:
- Pollinator Guide
- Audubon Plant List for Birds
- Bird Attracting Plants
- Flowers to Attract Butterflies and Hummingbirds
- Plants for Various Pollinators
- Plants to Support Honeybees & Wild Bees
YOU CAN BE A HABITAT HERO!
The Habitat Hero program offers excellent guidance for creating a garden that provides effective habitat for insects, pollinators, birds, and wildlife. And they also offer recognition for successful habitat gardens!