Greetings to our Gardening Friends !
Please join us this Friday, 7/27 at 3:30 in the afternoon (until 4:30 or 5:00) for LEMONADE, WINE & STORY TIME including liquid refreshments, old photos and Mikl’s stories of Harlequin’s Gardens:
The history of the property and how it was found and won; how the nursery business got started, the structures built, etc; early characters who helped us get started; snake stories, skunk stories; grasshoppers; the wind that blew the trailer over; struggles with the beaurocracy; how Harlequin’s has grown and survived for 20 years and more.
And may we remind you:
There are only a few days left to help us win First Place in the Boulder Gold! Votes must be in by the end of the day Sunday July 29th.
Please vote for Harlequin’s Gardens Sustainable Nursery as Best Garden Center/Plant Nursery in the Daily Camera’s Boulder Gold competition (web link below). This is our 20th Anniversary year! If you are a fan of Harlequin’s Gardens and you appreciate that:
- We are more than 100% organic (we don’t even use/sell/promote the so-called “safe” toxic pesticides like pyrethrum, rotenone, etc. that are broad-spectrum killers, or anything that can harm bees and other beneficials)
- We carry an extraordinary selection of organic vegetable and herb starts, including Fall vegetable starts
- We carry an extraordinary selection of Native, Xeriscape, Rock Garden and Unusual plants
- We carry an extraordinary selection of Hardy, disease-resistant Own-Root Roses
- We offer dozens of really useful classes in a wide range of sustainable gardening & related topics
- We have an extraordinary staff who give our customers real assistance and solutions so that their gardening efforts will be successful
- The 40+ classes we offer each year are famous for being valuable, practical, informative and affordable. We draw on the best local experts to teach.
- We operate with sustainable practices and resource conservation foremost in our modus operandi and promote sustainability in every way we can
You can fill out a paper ballot here at Harlequin’s Gardens (we have a ballot box), or vote on-line.
Here’s the link to their page for voting in the ‘Shopping’ section of the Boulder County Gold.
(if the link doesn’t work, copy & paste into your browser, or go to www.dailycamera.com/vote)
Their site is kind of slow, so be patient. You may have to click more than once on the ‘Shopping’ link.
Voting for this section closes July 29, so please don’t wait. Please be sure to follow their instructions and fill out all of the required fields so that your vote will be valid. You can vote for Harlequin’s Gardens for up to 3 categories – may we suggest BEST GARDEN CENTER/PLANT NURSERY, BEST TREE NURSERY, and BEST GREEN PRODUCTS/SERVICES STORE. You have to write in the name Harlequin’s Gardens even if our logo is below the box.
This is also an opportunity to support many of your other favorite local independent enterprises – pet supply stores, consignment and thrift stores, hardware stores, clothing stores, grocery stores, etc.
Thank you!!! We appreciate your support immensely!!!
Please share this appeal with your friends.
We hope you’re having a wonderful summer!
Eve & Mikl Brawner and the staff at Harlequin’s Gardens